This position is initially only for the duration of our prototype development phase, which will last no more than 6 months and will be a remote job; with the possibility of an extension for an additional 18-24 months when the full production commences.
We are looking for a 3D Character Artist to join our talented team in creating high quality, kick-ass characters for our current title in development, Cold Comfort.
TYPE OF POSITION
Freelance, remote, min 20 hours a week during the prototype phase (max. 6 months), with the option of extension.
- Sculpt and model 3D characters, according to the game style and art direction
- Create additional character assets such as hair, accessories, armor, etc.
- Texture the characters and character assets
- Create convincing materials, reflecting the art direction of the project
- Deliver clean and optimized low polygon models, and efficient UV layouts according to the project’s technical requirements
- Think creatively, and search for relevant references from various sources, to solve daily artistic challenges
- Work in a collaborative spirit both within the team and with other departments, such as Concept Art, Animation, Rigging, Game Design, etc. to ensure the successful completion and top quality of the game
- Manage own time and work efficiently within production deadlines
- Understanding of form, shape language and color
- Ability to work from reference materials such as photography or concept art
- A good sense of anatomy, and proportions
- Time management and ability to work within deadlines
- Solid knowledge of digital sculpting – in ZBrush or equivalent software
- Solid knowledge of low-poly modelling and UV mapping – in 3DS Max or equivalent software
- Excellent texturing skills in Substance Painter and/or Photoshop in a PBR workflow
- Understanding of the technical constraints in game development and ability to apply them when creating characters
- Organized and clean workflow, compatible with a collaborative environment
- Ability to absorb, apply and give constructive feedback
- Ability to adapt to different artistic styles
- Previous experience in game development
- Traditional drawing and sculpting skills
- Self-direction and motivation
- Passion for games
- Good English and Communication Skills
What can we offer you:
- Flexible work hours, for life/work balance
- International and diverse remote team that is totally stoked to have you on-board!
Gamma Minus is a small and relatively new independent game development studio based in Paderborn, Germany.
Please Submit or apply via email ( office AT gammaminus.com ) making sure to include:
- Cover letter
- Current CV / Resume