This position is initially only for the duration of our prototype development phase, which will last no more than 6 months and will be a remote job; with the possibility of an extension for an additional 18-24 months when the full production commences.
As an Unreal Engine / C++ developer, you will play a key role in the further development of our flagship title, Cold Comfort. You will work closely together with game designers, artists and project managers.
Type of Position: Freelance, remote, min 30 hours a week during the prototype phase (max. 6 months), with the option of extension.
The main and routine tasks of the the Unreal Engine/C++ Developer:
- Implementation of gameplay features using Unreal Engine 4 with C++ and BP
- Refinement, optimization and extension of existing code
- Creation of technical design and software architecture documents
- Contribution of your own creativity to the design process of game features
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or strong experience with Game Engines
- At least 2 years experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Advanced C++ and BP programming skills
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices
- Good knowledge of code optimization and profiling tools
- Experience with UE4-Networking (client – server in general)
- Familiarity with SVN
- Mentality of a problem solver who stays cool even when dealing with a high workload
- Good knowledge of Mathematics (geometry, vector algebra)
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Self-direction and motivation
- Passion for games
- Good English and Communication Skills
What can we offer you:
- Flexible work hours, for life/work balance
- International and diverse team
Gamma Minus is a small and relatively new independent game development studio based in Paderborn, Germany.
Please Submit or apply via email ( office AT gammaminus.com ) making sure to include:
- Cover letter
- Current CV / Resume