This part-time position is initially only for the duration of the development phase, which will last no more than 9 months and will be a remote job; with the possibility of an extension.
As a Junior Unreal Engine / C++ developer, you will play a key role in the further development of our title, Rough Justice: ’84. You will work closely together with game designers, artists, and project managers.
Type of Position: Freelance, remote, min 30 hours a week during the core development phase (max. 9 months), with the option of extension.
The main and routine tasks of the Unreal Engine/C++ Developer:
- Implementation of gameplay features using Unreal Engine 4 with C++ and BP
- Refinement, optimization, and extension of existing code
- Creation of technical design and software architecture documents
- Contribution of your own creativity to the design process of game features
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or strong experience with Game Engines
- At least 1-year of experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge about most of the components the Unreal Engine 4 Editor provides
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine structures (f.e. GameMode, GameState, PlayerState, PlayerController, PlayerPawn, etc)
- Advanced C++ and BP programming skills
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices
- General knowledge about VCS (We are using Perforce at the moment)
- The mentality of a problem solver who stays cool even when dealing with a high workload
- Good knowledge of Mathematics (geometry, vector algebra)
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Porting Experience a plus!
- Self-direction and motivation
- Passion for games
- Good English and Communication Skills
- Willingness to participate in extended Discord calls and online co-working sessions from time to time
- Being honest on the status of your progress and communicating where problems arise. Ability to ask for help and solve problems cooperatively.
What can we offer you:
- Flexible work hours, for life/work balance
- An international and diverse team
Gamma Minus is a small and relatively new independent game development studio based in Paderborn, Germany.
Please Submit or apply via email ( office AT gammaminus.com ) making sure to include:
- Cover letter
- Current CV / Resume